Sweet Shredded Pork
Yummy sweet pork recipe that taste really good with steamed glutinous rice
Last Modified On: Friday, 25/November/2011 05:34:52am
Back to Deep Fried Dishes
1 kg. pork loin
1 cup palm sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup thin soy sauce
6 cups water
2 cups vegetable oil for deep fry
1. Pour water in a pot, bring to boil on medium high heat, wash pork loin, put it into a pot, reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 hours or until pork is getting tender.
2. Peel shallots, wash dirt, pat dry and thinly slice.
3. Heat ½ cup of oil in a wok on medium heat. When oil is hot, add sliced shallot, fry until fragrant and crisp, drain on paper towel.
4. When pork is tender, place on a plate and let it cool.
5. When pork is cool, tear pork into narrow strip.
6. Heat remaining oil in a wok on medium low heat. When oil is hot, add shredded pork in a pan, fry until crisp, drain on paper towel. Fry remaining until all done.
7. Heat ¼ cup of water in a wok on medium heat. When boiled, add palm sugar and sugar, stir until dissolve.
8. Add thin soy sauce, stir well, simmer for a while until sauce is thicker, add fried shredded pork, stir thoroughly, then add fried shallot.
9. Stir thoroughly, remove from heat, place on a plate and serve with Streamed Glutinous Rice.