Egg Tofu with Shitakae Mushroom Sauce
Yummy stir-fried recipe from easy to find ingredients called "Tao Hu Song Khreung"
Last Modified On: Monday, 27/January/2014 14:01:51pm
Back to Stir-Fried Dishes
1 tube soft egg tofu
150 g. ground pork
3 dried shitakae mushrooms
2 cloves garlic
1/4 head of onion
1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp thin soy sauce
3 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 Tbsp Chinese cooking wine
1 tsp salted black bean with chillies
1/3 cup tapioca flour
1 tsp corn flour
1 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil for deep-frying
2 Tbsp vegetable oil for stir-frying
Preparation for deep-fried egg tofu
1. Cut egg tofu crosswise about 1 cm. thick. Pour tapioca flour all over a plate, place cut tofu in it, and cover each piece of tofu with flour.
2. Heat oil (for deep-frying) in a wok on medium heat. When oil is hot, deep-fry each piece of egg tofu.
3. Fry until each side is lightly brown and crisp, remove from hot oil, and drain on paper towel. When cool, arrange onto a serving plate.
Preparation for ground pork sauce
1. Soak dried shitakae mushrooms with 2 cups water until soft. When mushrooms are soft, press out all water (keep mushroom water for making soup), cut stems, and slice into 1" lenght.
2. Peel garlic and onion, remove tomato stem, cut green onion roots, wash dirt, and pat dry. Mince garlic, chop onion into dices, and finely slice green onion, then cut tomato in quarter, remove seed, and cut into small pieces.
3. Heat oil (for stir-frying) in a wok on medium heat. When oil is hot, add minced garlic, chop onion, and sliced green onions' stem, fry until fragrant. When onion is cooked, add ground pork, stir until ground pork is getting cook, season with thin soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar.
4. Stir fry all ingredients until the ground pork is cooked. Add sliced shitakae mushrooms and 1/2 cup mushroom water, stir fry until sauce is bubbling, add cut tomato, salted black bean sauce with chillie, and Chinese cooking wine. Stir well.
5. Mix corn flour with 1 Tbsp water, stir until flour dissolve. Then, pour flour water into the sauce, stir quickly to keep if from forming chunks, add sliced green onion, stir well and remove from heat. Pour the sauce over deep-fried egg tofu.
6. When ready, serve immediately.