Baked Spicy Bamboo Shoots with Snapper
Thai spicy baked dish with bamboo shoots and snapper
Last Modified On: Thursday, 24/November/2011 21:15:10pm
Back to Bake Dishes
200 g. snapper fillet
1 cup shredded bamboo shoots
½ cup coconut cream
1 ½ Tbsp red curry paste
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp sugar
½ cup sweet basil leaves
1. Boil water on high heat, add shredded bamboo shoots and let it boil for 10 minutes, drain and set aside.
2. Wash snapper fillet, pat dry, and slice into pieces.
3. Scald snapper in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add shredded bamboo shoots, red curry paste and egg, season with fish sauce and sugar, mix well.
5. Add coconut cream and scalded snapper in the mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
6. Place some of sweet basil leaves on aluminum foil, put about 1/3 part of the mixture on the leaves and top it with some sweet basil leaves.
7. Preheat oven at 350° F. Seal the mixture in the foil, place on a baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes or until well done.
8. Place baked spicy bamboo with snapper on a plate and serve immediately.