Fried Cha-om with Egg
Easy fried vegetable with egg recipe from typical Thai vegetable called "cha-om"
Last Modified On: Friday, 25/November/2011 05:37:04am
Back to Deep Fried Dishes
350 g. Cha-om
2 tsp thin soy sauce (fish sauce)
½ cup vegetable oil
1. Pull down cha-om leaves from stem by using thumb and index finger.
2. Wash cha-om leaves, pat dry, add eggs in it and beat together.
3. Season with thin soy sauce (or fish sauce) and stir until all ingredients mixing thoroughly.
4. Heat oil in a wok on medium-high heat, when oil is hot, pour the mixture into the wok.
5. Let it cook without stirring. Once the egg is cooked on one side, turn it over using two spatulas, and cook on the other side until done.
6.Remove from heat and drain on paper towel, then cut into square pieces.
7. Place the fried cha-om with egg on a plate and serve with spicy shrimp paste dip or cook as “Hot and Sour Curry”.
Tip: You can use "watercrest" or "broccoli flower" instead of cha-om by finely sliced the watercrest' leaves or finely chop broccoli flower.