Fried Fish Cake
Easy fried fish cake recipe, popular deep fry dish called "Thod Man Pla" in Thai
Last Modified On: Friday, 25/November/2011 05:35:33am
Back to Deep Fried Dishes
350 g. white fish fillet
2 Tbsp red curry paste
2 krachai roots
100 g long green beans
5 kaffir lime leaves
2 Tbsp thin soy sauce (or fish sauce)
1 Tbsp sugar
1 cups vegetable oil for frying
1. Wash fish fillet, pat dry, sprinkle salt all over both side, slide into 2" lengths, put into food processor and blend well.
2. Cut krachai into small pieces, put into food processor with red curry paste, and mix together.
3. Add egg, then season with thin soy sauce (or fish sauce) and sugar, blend all ingredients until sticky or mix well with the hand.
4. Wash long green beans and kaffir lime leaves, cut long green beans both end, and slice into small pieces. Tear kaffir lime leaves in halves, remove central stems and finely slice. Then add into fish paste and mix well.
5. Heat oil in a wok on medium heat. When oil is hot, spoon 2 Tbsp of mixture, shape into small patties about 2” in diameter and deep fry in vegetable. Fry each side until cook, remove from oil, and drain on paper towel.
6. Put the fried fish cake on a plate and serve with cucumber relish.