Nam Pla Wan: Thai Dipping Sauce for Fruit
Sweet and salty dipping sauce for fruit called "Nam Pla Wan" in Thai
Last Modified On: Thursday, 24/November/2011 21:05:05pm
Back to Desserts
¾ cup palm sugar
½ cup sugar
¼ cup fish sauce
½ cup dried shrimp
3 fresh chilies
1 tsp hot pepper flakes
1-2 green mangoes
1. Peel shallots, wash dirt, pat dry, then finely slice.
2. Cut chili stems, wash dirt, and finely slice. Then coarsely grind dried shrimp, set aside.
3. Mix palm sugar, sugar, and fish sauce in a pot, bring to boil on medium heat, stir frequently, and simmer for a while until the mixture is quite thick.
4. Add sliced shallots, stir regularly until the shallot is cook, then remove from heat.
5. Add grind dried shrimp, hot pepper flakes, and sliced dried chilies, then mix well.
6. Put “Nam Pla Wan” in a small bowl and serve with sliced green mangoes.