Sweet Glutinous Rice - Khao Nieow Moon
Sweet glutinous rice that is popular with ripe mango called "Khao Nieow Moon" in Thai
Last Modified On: Tuesday, 26/June/2012 19:02:14pm
Back to Desserts
350 g. glutinous rice
1 can coconut milk
¾ cup sugar
1¼ tsp salt
1 tsp rice flour
4-5 pandanus leaves
1. Wash glutinous rice until water clear, and then soak about 3 hours or over night.
2. Boil water in steamer on medium-high heat, drain and place sieve cloth with glutinous rice in steamer, place 2 pandanus leaves on top.
3. Steam about 30-45 minutes or until glutinous is cooked (grains look clear).
4. Separate ¾ cup coconut milk in a small bowl, put remaining coconut milk in a pot, add sugar and salt, bring to boil on medium-low heat.
5. Add 2 pandanus leaves in coconut milk mixture, stir frequently until sugar dissolve. When the mixture is boiled, remove from heat.
6. Put steam glutinous rice in a pot that has cover, add coconut milk to glutinous rice, stir quickly until it mix well, cover it for 15 minutes.
7. For separated coconut milk in No.4, add rice flour and ¼ tsp salt in it and mix well. Put in a pot and bring to boil on medium-low heat, stir frequently until the mixture is thick, remove from heat and set aside for topping.
8. Put sweet glutinous rice in a plate, top with prepared coconut cream and serve with ripe mangoes.