Thai Taro Cake (Kanom Pheuak)
Steamed taro pudding with coconut that is soft and sweet
Last Modified On: Thursday, 24/November/2011 21:03:31pm
Back to Desserts
1 cup mashed steamed taro
½ cup rice flour
¼ cup tapioca flour
½ cup sugar
½ cup coconut cream
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup shred coconut
1/8 tsp salt
1. Heat 3 cup of water in a steamer on medium-high heat. Steam taro about 20 minutes or until tender. Let taro cool before scratch into small pieces from skin and mash.
2. In a mixing bowl, sift rice flour and tapioca flour together.
3. Add sifted flour with steamed taro and a little bit coconut cream, knead all ingredients until well blend.
4. Add sugar and salt, then add coconut cream little by little, stir well.
5. Stir the mixture until the sugar is dissolved.
6. Prepare topping by mixing shred coconut and salt together.
7. Put taro mixture in each tart cup, toping with shred coconut, and place in the steamer.
8. Steam on medium-high heat for 20-25 minutes or until cook, remove from heat.
9. Put on a serving plate and serve immediately.