Spicy Shrimp Paste Dip
Popular Thai dipping sauce that made from shrimp paste called "Nam Phrik Kapi"
Last Modified On: Thursday, 24/November/2011 21:25:40pm
Back to Dipping Sauce
2 Tbsp shrimp paste
2 Tbsp dried shrimp
3 cloves garlic
5 fresh chilies
6 Tbsp lime juice
2 tsp sugar
1 ½ tsp fish sauce
2 Tbsp boiled water
1. Soak dried shrimp for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
2. Peel garlic, remove chilies stems, wash pat dry, cut into pieces and put in a mortar.
3. Coarsely pound chilies and garlic, then add dried shrimp and well pound all ingredients.
4. Put shrimp paste in microwave for 15 seconds, put in the mortar and well pound with all ingredients.
5. Season with fish sauce, lime juice and sugar, mix well and taste for your own favor.
6. Put spicy shrimp paste dip in a bowl, pour boiled water in the mortar, then scoop in the bowl and mix well.
7. Serve with fresh vegetable, fried cha-om with egg, or fried eggplant with egg.