Spicy Winged Bean Salad
Delicious spicy salad recipe called "Yam Thua Phu"
Last Modified On: Friday, 25/November/2011 05:15:01am
Back to Spicy Salad
150 g. winged beans
100 g. ground pork
1/2 cup coconut cream
3 cloves garlic
2 dried chillies
1 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp thin soy sauce (or fish sauce)
1 1/2 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp dried shrimps
1/4 cup pounded roasted peanuts
1. Wash winged beans, cut both end, and finely slice into small pieces.
2. Peel garlic and shallots, wash dirt, cut garlic into small pieces. Divide shallots into 2 parts, finely slice first part, and cut second part into small pieces.
3. Place wok on medium heat, add cut garlic and shallot, roast until fragrant, and set aside. For sliced shallot, fry in hot oil until fragrant and crisp, drain on paper towel.
4. Cut dried chillies into 1" lenght, remove all seeds, and pound with roasted garlic and shallot well in a mortar.
5. Prepare dressing by mixing lime juice, thin soy sauce (or fish sauce), and sugar in a mixing bowl. Taste for your own flavour. Then, heat coconut cream in microwave for 2 minutes.
6. Pour 3 cups water in a pot, bring to boil on high heat, add sliced winged beans, scald about 3 minutes, drain, and rinse in cold water so they retain thier colour.
7. Pour 1/4 cup water in a pot, bring to boil on medium-high heat, add ground pork, stir until the ground pork is getting cook, add dried shrimps, stir until the ground pork is cooked. Drain and set aside.
8. In a large mixing bowl that has cooked ground pork and shrimps, put sliced winged beans, pounded ingredients, 1/4 cup coconut cream, dressing, and pounded roasted peanuts in it. Toss to mix well.
9. Place the salad in a plate, pour the rest of coconut cream on the mixture, sprinkle with fried shallots, and serve immedieatly.