Post Message on: 16/June/2008 ...
1 1/2 Cup Sushi Rice (Kokuho Rose)
2 Cup Warm Water
Sushi Rice Seasoning:
6 Tbsp Japanese Rice Vinegar
5 Tbsp Finely granulated sugar
3 Tsp Salt
- Shallow wood Bowl (I don't have one so, metal bowl worked fine.)
- Small wood Paddle
- Small hand fan to cool your rice mixer
- Medium size pot, and a small sauce pan.
- Added Rice into a medium size pot, slowly wash and rinse till it’s clean.
- Combine the rice and warm water and let it soak for about 10 minutes.
- Set it on the stove, high heat. Bring it to boil.
- Next cover and simmer over low heat for 13 minutes. Set aside.
**Important: DO NOT Lift the lid while simmering
Second Step: Sushi Rice Seasoning
- Combine Rice Vinegar, Sugar and stir over low heat till its all melted.
Third Step: Mixed
- Slowly added the Sushi Rice Seasoning into the rice (A little bit at a time). Make sure you mixed them well. Don’t stir them too fast (more like a flip motion)
- Cover with wet cloth. Set aside.