You may need to register before you can post a message.
Today's cooking tip is how to cut a pineapple
but before we teach you that we're gonna talk about buying one. First, you need to pick a ripe one and the way to do that is to hold the head and pull one of the centre leaves if it comes out easy. that means its ready and ripe.
Then you get home you are gonna place it in the refridgerator and you're gonna turn it up side down. now the reason we do that is - at the bottom of the pineapple all the sugar settles. so when you turn it up side down all the sugar will run back to the fruit
Now once you have done that leave it in the fridge for probably about 30 minutes now you're ready to cut your pineapple.
- A cutting board and a VERY sharp knife
The key of how to cut a perfect pineapple is you will need a VERY sharp knife not only the sharp knife will help make it easier but it also preventing your hands from putting to much pressure to the fruit that leave unwanted bruise looking mark on your pineapple.
1. Slightly cut off the top and bottom, just about 1/2 - 1 inch.
2. Now on the side.. slices it as thinly as you can, a little bit at a time. Remember too thin is better than too thick because if you slice it too thin you can slices it again.
keep going.. try not to cut too deep and wasted too much pineapple.
Notice how the eyes run all around the pineapple in diagonal?
- Holding your knife firmly in 45 degree toward your body than slowly slice one above the eyes (of the pineapple) about 2-3 inches long.
- Again in 45 degree, the blade facing away from your body than slowly slice one upward below the eyes (of the pineapple)
Now move to a new section and repeat the same technique.
See how easy that is?
We are almost done!
TA DA!! and the hard part is over.
Cut them too three pieces (around the pulp)
Then cut them into a thiner slices. And there you have it !
Please feel free to leave me any question or comment below. Thanks for checking out my forum.
Thank you for sharing your technique and pictures ka.