Sweet Stewed Egg & Pork with Five Spices
Another stewed recipe called "Sweet Stewed Egg & Pork with Five Spices" or "Khai Pa Lo"
Last Modified On: Wednesday, 14/December/2011 16:19:41pm
Back to Curries and Soups
300 g. streaky pork
1 package tofu puff
4 Tbsp thin soy sauce
1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
5 Tbsp palm sugar
1 tsp five spices
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp whole peppercorn
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
3 cups water
1. Pour 3 cups water in a pot, add eggs, bring to boil on high heat, and additional boil about 10 minutes or until cook, then remove the eggs from shells.
2. Wash streaky pork, pat dry, and cut into 2" lenghts.
3. Peel garlic, wash dirt, pat dry, and cut into small pieces. Well pound garlic with whole peppercorn in a mortar.
4. Heat oil in a wok on medium heat. When oil is hot, add pounded garlic and peppercorn, fry until fragrant, then add streaky pork and fry until the pork is getting cook.
5. Season with five spices and dark soy sauce, stir well, then add boiled eggs and water. Bring to boil, add thin soy sauce, and simmer for 45 minutes.
6. Add palm sugar, stir until dissolve, add tofu puff and simmer for 30 minutes, then remove from heat.
7. Put sweet stewed egg & pork in a bowl and serve immediately.