Mung beans in Syrup
Easy sweet recipe from mung beans called "Thua Khiao Tom Nam Tan" in Thai
Last Modified On: Friday, 14/September/2012 07:32:40am
Back to Desserts
½ cup mung beans
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
1/8 tsp salt
4 cups water
1. Wash mung beans, drain and place in a pan.
2. Dry fry the mung beans on low heat until fragrant, and then remove from heat.
3. Soak the mung beans at least 4 hours or overnight, and then drain.
4. Add 3 cups of water in a pot and put soaked mung beans in it.
5. Bring to boil on medium heat. After that reduce the heat to low, stir regularly until the mung beans are tendered.
6. Add sugar and salt, stir until they dissolve and then continue to boil for 5 minutes.
7. Add one more cup of water (to make clear syrup), stir well, bring to boil again, taste as your own flavor, and then remove from heat.
8. Spoon mung beans in syrup in a small bowl and serve immediately.