Chicken Green Curry Spaghetti
East meets west recipe that may become your favourite dish
Last Modified On: Friday, 25/November/2011 04:25:47am
Back to One-Plate Dishes
400 g. spaghetti
300 g. chicken breast
1 can coconut milk
1 can baby corn
3 Tbsp green curry paste
3 Tbsp thin soy sauce (or fish sauce)
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 cup sweet basil leaves
2 fresh chillies
1. Wash chicken breast, pat dry, and cut into small pieces. Wash sweet basil and fresh chillies, pick sweet basil leaves from the stem, and slice chillies. For baby corns, cut into 1" length.
2. Pour 6 cups water in a pot, bring to boil on high heat. Add spaghetti, stir regularly, and boil about 15 minutes or until spaghetti cook. Drain and rinse in cold water. Add about 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, and mix thoroughly so they don't stick together.
3. Pour about 1/2 cup coconut cream (top portion of a can) in a wok, bring to boil on medium heat, then add green curry paste. Stir until thoroughly mixed and let it boil until some oil appear on surface, stir constantly.
4. When coconut cream has an oily sheen, add cut chicken, stir well until chicken is getting cook. Meanwhile, add coconut milk about 2 Tbsp each time (add about 3 times) and stir regularly. Then, add cut baby corns, stir thoroughly and add the remaining coconut milk.
5. When the curry is boiled, add cooked spaghetti, season with thin soy sauce (or fish sauce) and sugar to taste, and stir. Then add sweet basil leaves and sliced chillies, quickly stir to heat the sweet basil so they retain their colour. Remove from heat immediately.
6. Put chicken green curry spaghetti on a serving plate and serve immediately.
Tip: This recipe can substitute chicken for pork or beef.